This new release was very much invested in ReadonlyREST Free (our Elasticsearch plugin). We finally delivered the last three of the most desired features:
- The “filter” rule, which implements Document Level Security (DLS).
- The “fields” rule, which implements Field Level Security (FLS).
- The “audit_index_template” settings key, which implements a configurable index name and time granularity for audit logs.
The achievement of the above puts our free, open source ReadonlyREST plugin for Elasticsearch extremely close to the competition – Elastic’s official X-Pack security module.
Read a side-by-side feature comparison between X-Pack and ReadonlyREST Enterprise.
NEW RELEASE CHANGELOG V1.16.20
ReadonlyREST PRO/Enterprise for Kibana
- 🧐 Enhancement: when login, forward “elasticsearch.requestHeadersWhitelist” headers. (useful for “headers” rule and “proxy_auth” to work well.)
ReadonlyREST for Elasticsearch
- 🚀New Feature: DLS (with dynamic variables support) Thanks DataSweet!
- 🚀 New feature: Field level security
- 🚀 New rules: Snapshot, Repositories, Headers
- 🧐 Enhancement: custom audit serializers: the request content is available
- 🐞 Fix readonlyrest.yml path discovery
- 🐞 Fix: LDAP available groups discovery (tenancy switcher) corner cases
- 🐞 Fix: auth_key_sha1, auth_key_sha256 hashes in settings should be case insensitive
- 🐞 Fix: LDAP authentication didn’t work with local group