This New release was very much invested in ReadonlyREST Free (our Elasticsearch plugin). We finally delivered the last three of the most desired features:
- The “filter” rule, which implements Document Level Security (DLS).
- The “fields” rule, which implements Field Level Security (FLS).
- The “audit_index_template” settings key, which implements configurable index name and time granularity for audit logs.
The achievement of the above puts our free, and open source ReadonlyREST plugin for Elasticsearch extremely close to the competition in terms of features to the Elastic’s official X-Pack security module.
Read our Side-by-side feature comparison between X-Pack and ReadonlyREST Enterprise.
NEW RELEASE CHANGELOG V1.16.20
ReadonlyREST PRO/Enterprise for Kibana
- 🧐 Enhancement: when login, forward “elasticsearch.requestHeadersWhitelist” headers. (useful for “headers” rule and “proxy_auth” to work well.)
ReadonlyREST for Elasticsearch
- 🚀New Feature: DLS (with dynamic variables suppoort) Thanks DataSweet!
- 🚀 New feature: Field level security
- 🚀 New rules: Snapshot, Repositories, Headers
- 🧐 Enhancement: custom audit serializers: the request content is available
- 🐞 Fix readonlyrest.yml path discovery
- 🐞 Fix: LDAP available groups discovery (tenancy switcher) corner cases
- 🐞 Fix: auth_key_sha1, auth_key_sha256 hashes in settings should be case insensitive
- 🐞 Fix: LDAP authentication didn’t work with local group